When you’re trying to balance a hectic career with a busy family life, it can be more than a little bit challenging trying to find the time to make wholesome family dinners. That’s what makes recipes like this one for easy instant pot whole chicken so great. Just wait until you catch a whiff this savory mixture of smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and rosemary sprigs. I love the potent flavor of the herbs and spices with the hint of tanginess from the lemon; it’s an excellent way to spruce up any chicken dish. As an added bonus, the instant pot helps prevent the chicken from drying out, so it comes out perfectly moist and juicy each time.
More Healthy Chicken Recipes:
Easy Instant Pot Whole Chicken – Healthy and Low Carb Chicken Meal
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
1 3-4 lb whole chicken
1 tsp salt
½ tsp black pepper
½ tsp smoked paprika
½ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp onion powder
1 small lemon
2–3 rosemary sprigs
1 tbsp olive oil
2–3 garlic cloves, peeled
½ cup chicken broth
- Wash the chicken and pat dry with paper towels inside and out. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the salt, black pepper, smoked paprika, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Sprinkle the outside and inside of the chicken with salt mixture.
- Prick the lemon with a knife in a few places.
- Place the lemon, garlic cloves and rosemary in the cavity and tie the legs.
- Press the SAUTE button on the Instant Pot and let stand until screen reads “HOT”.
- Add the olive oil.
- Place the chicken breast-side down in the Instant Pot and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Carefully turn the chicken over so the breast is facing up.
- Add the chicken soup.
- Close and seal the Instant pot.
- Turn the venting knob to SEALING and press PRESSURE COOK button.
- Adjust the timer to 20 minutes.
- Once the Instant Pot has finished cooking the chicken, allow to naturally release the pressure.
- To crisp up the skin, carefully place the chicken in a glass or ceramic baking dish.
- Broil in the oven for 4-5 minutes or until the chicken skin is brown and crispy.