I’ve been on a huge kick of making chicken recipes with my new instant pot. There are just so many unbelievably good ways to make it. Today, I wanted to share what is without a doubt one of the best instant pot chicken recipe that I’ve ever tried. What makes it so good? For starters, it uses moist and tender dark meat chicken thighs and legs, cooked in a deliciously flavorful mixture of olive oil and butter. Some garlic cloves are added to give the recipe an even more powerful flavor, while adding in a bit of heavy cream and chicken broth. It’s extremely simple but that’s what makes it so special. The freshness of the ingredients really shines through. Give it a try and let me know what you think!
More Low Carb Instant Pot Chicken Recipes:
The Best Instant Pot Chicken Recipe for Garlic Lovers (Mind-Blowing)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
4 skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs
4 skin-on, bone-in chicken drumsticks
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp butter
1 cup peeled garlic cloves (about 40 cloves)
½ tsp dried thyme
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup chicken broth
2 tsp corn starch
2 tbsp cold water
salt, black pepper to taste
chopped fresh parsley, for decoration (optional)
- Season the chicken with salt and black pepper.
- Press the SAUTE button on the Instant pot and let stand until screen reads “HOT”.
- Add the olive oil and butter.
- Add the chicken, skin side down and cook for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Add the garlic cloves and cook for one minute.
- Combine the thyme, chicken broth and heavy cream in a small bowl.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Stir in the heavy cream mixture into the Instant Pot.
- Close and seal the Instant Pot.
- Turn the venting knob to SEALING and press PRESSURE COOK button.
- Adjust the timer to 10 minutes.
- Once the Instant Pot has finished cooking the chicken, allow to naturally release the pressure.
- Remove the chicken from the Instant Pot.
- Combine the corn starch and water.
- Stir in the corn starch slurry into the Instant Pot.
- Press the SAUTE button on the Instant Pot.
- Stir frequently and cook until the sauce thickens.
- Add the chicken back into the Instant Pot and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley and serve.