With the use of an instant pot, your entire family can enjoy the succulent taste of a homemade teriyaki chicken meal that’s made with nutritious ingredients like apple cider vinegar, ginger, garlic, and red pepper flakes in just 30 minutes. If you’re feeling a little bit adventurous, feel free to mix in a little bit of white wine as well for a real treat. I love this over cauliflower rice, but you could easily have this with other side dishes as well. This is a great way to treat yourself to Asian-style cuisine from the comfort of your own home.
More Low Carb Instant Pot Chicken Recipes:
Teriyaki Instant Pot Chicken Breast Recipe (Low Carb)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
1 ½ pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
¼ cup soy sauce
1 tbsp granulated Stevia or low carb sweetener as needed
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar or rice wine vinegar
¼ cup water
1 tbsp white wine (optional)
1 tsp sesame oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
¼ tsp red pepper flakes
2 tsp freshly grated ginger
salt and black pepper to taste
For cornstarch slurry:
1 tbsp cornstarch
2 tbsp cold water
sliced green onions
toasted sesame seeds
- Season the chicken with salt and black pepper.
- Place the chicken in the Instant Pot.
- Place the soy sauce, ¼ cup of water, vinegar, white wine (if using), sesame oil, ginger, minced garlic and red pepper flakes in a small bowl and mix to combine.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken.
- Close and seal the Instant Pot.
- Turn the venting knob to SEALING and press PRESSURE COOK button.
- Adjust the timer to 10 minutes.
- Once the Instant Pot has finished cooking the chicken, allow to naturally release the pressure.
- Open the lid and remove the chicken from the pot.
- Shred the chicken with 2 forks.
- Combine the corn starch and 2 tablespoons of water.
- Stir in the corn starch slurry into the Instant Pot.
- Press the SAUTE button on the Instant pot.
- Stir frequently and cook until the sauce thickens.
- Add the chicken back into the Instant Pot and toss to coat.
- Cook for 1-2 minute or until hot.
- Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and sliced spring onions and serve with cauliflower rice.