There’s nothing that I love more than a good chicken marinade. The only problem with most of the store-bought ones is that you never really know exactly what’s in it. That’s exactly why I started making my own homemade marinades. If you’ve got an instant pot, you can make what is hands down my favorite low carb chicken marinade recipe of all time. A zesty mix of lemon, paprika, chili flakes, and Italian seasoning make for the perfect combination of ingredients that you’ll keep coming back to time and time again, count on it.
More Low Carb Instant Pot Chicken Recipes:
Low Carb Instant Pot Bone Broth Chicken Soup with Zucchini Noodles
Instant Pot Honey Lime Chicken Thighs
The Best Instant Pot Chicken Recipe for Garlic Lovers
6-Ingredient Instant Pot Chicken Tacos
Low Carb Teriyaki Instant Pot Chicken Breast Recipe
Easy Instant Pot Whole Chicken
The Best Low Carb Chicken Marinade for a Guaranteed Instant Pot Win
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 22 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
1 ½ pound skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut in half lengthwise
3 garlic cloves, minced
½ lemon (juiced)
zest of ½ lemon
½ tsp sweet paprika
½ tsp chili flakes
2 tsp Italian seasoning
2 tbsp olive oil
1/3 cup chicken broth
salt and black pepper to taste
- Season the chicken with salt and black pepper to taste.
- In a bowl combine the lemon juice, lemon zest, minced garlic, sweet paprika, chili flakes and Italian seasoning.
- Add the chicken in the bowl and toss to coat.
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Press the SAUTE button on the Instant Pot and let stand until screen reads “HOT”.
- Add the olive oil.
- Add the chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Add the chicken broth.
- Close and seal the Instant Pot.
- Turn the venting knob to SEALING and press PRESSURE COOK button.
- Adjust the timer to 8 minutes.
- Once the Instant Pot has finished cooking the chicken, allow to naturally release the pressure.
- Serve warm.