If you’re a low carb dieter or just trying to cut back on your calories in general, you’ll definitely want to consider switching to zucchini noodles. While they’re not exactly like your regular pasta noodles, they help so much with satisfying any noodle cravings you may have. You’ll just have to get a little bit creative with your presentation. For this recipe, we’ll be making a low carb instant pot bone broth soup using shredded zucchini noodles. The result is a fantastic bone broth soup that still provides the exact same texture and flavor that you’d expect, only in a healthier low carb format.
More Low Carb Instant Pot Chicken Recipes:
Instant Pot Honey Lime Chicken Thighs
The Best Instant Pot Chicken Recipe for Garlic Lovers
6-Ingredient Instant Pot Chicken Tacos
Low Carb Teriyaki Instant Pot Chicken Breast Recipe
Easy Instant Pot Whole Chicken
Low Carb Instant Pot Bone Broth Chicken Soup with Zucchini Noodles
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
2 tbsp olive oil
1 ½ pound skinless boneless chicken breasts
1 small onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
3 medium carrots, diced
3 large celery stalks, diced
4 cups bone broth
2 cups water
½ tsp dried thyme
½ tsp dried parsley
2 medium zucchinis, cut into noodles
3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
salt, black pepper to taste
- Press the SAUTE button on the Instant pot and let stand until screen reads “HOT”.
- Add the olive oil.
- Add the onion, carrots and celery and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken, bone broth, water, dried thyme and dried parsley.
- Close and seal the Instant pot.
- Turn the venting knob to SEALING and press PRESSURE COOK button.
- Adjust the timer to 12 minutes.
- When finished cooking, quick-release pressure according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Remove the chicken form the Instant Pot.
- Shred the chicken with 2 forks.
- Press the SAUTE button on the Instant Pot.
- Bring the soup to a boil.
- Return the chicken into the Instant Pot.
- Add the zucchini noodles and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Stir in the chopped fresh parsley and serve.