I’m not joking when I say that buying an instant pot was one of the biggest game changers when it comes to making tasty and wholesome home cooked family meals in no time at all. You can even make chicken tacos with an instant pot — chicken tacos! Not only are they super easy to make, but these might just be the best chicken tacos that you’ll ever try. They’re stuffed full of shredded chicken and spicy goodness thanks to the addition of ground cumin and chili powder. To help offset a bit of the fiery goodness of these tacos, the recipe also includes a bit of garlic, lime juice, and oregano. One taste of these and you’re going to want to do taco night every night.
More Low Carb Instant Pot Chicken Recipes:
6-Ingredient Instant Pot Chicken Tacos That Will Change Your Life
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 17 minutes
- Total Time: 27 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
1 ½ pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp chili powder
4 garlic cloves, minced
¼ cup fresh lime juice
¼ cup water
2 tbsp olive oil
salt and black pepper to taste
- Season the chicken with salt and black pepper to taste and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the cumin, oregano and chili powder.
- Season the chicken with spice mix.
- Place the chicken in the Instant Pot.
- Combine the lime juice, water, minced garlic and olive oil and pour the mixture over the chicken.
- Close and seal the Instant pot.
- Turn the venting knob to SEALING and press PRESSURE COOK button.
- Adjust the timer to 10 minutes.
- Once the Instant Pot has finished cooking the chicken, allow to naturally release the pressure.
- Open the lid and remove the chicken from the pot.
- Shred the chicken with 2 forks.
- Add the chicken back into the Instant Pot and toss to coat.
- Press the SAUTE button on the Instant pot and cook uncovered, stirring occasionally until all liquid is absorbed.
- Serve the chicken with your favorite low carb tacos and toppings.