Balsamic roasted carrots are my kids’ favorite. Yes, you read that correctly. My kids not only like this dish, they have come to love it over the years thanks to many tweaks to the original recipe. The recipe you see now has been tried and tested, and I’m proud to say it passes with flying colors. It takes a little over an hour to prep and cook, but the results are well worth it. The honey balsamic glaze really brings out the natural flavors of the carrots and beets without overpowering them.
More Easy Roasted Carrot Recipes:
Sheet Pan Roasted Carrots and Beets (Easy Recipe)
How to Make the Most Addictive Ginger Honey Roasted Carrots
Oven Roasted Baby Carrots with Thyme and Rosemary
Ridiculously Good Maple Roasted Carrots and Sweet Potatoes
The Best Honey-Balsamic Roasted Carrots (ERMAHGERD!)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
1 ½ pounds carrots, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
2 tsp fresh thyme leaves plus extra for serving
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp olive oil
salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Arrange the carrots in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with fresh thyme.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix the honey, balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
- Pour ¾ of the glaze over the carrots and toss to coat.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35-45 minutes, stirring halfway through through the cooking time, until the veggies are tender.
- Remove from the oven.
- Pour over the remaining glaze and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with extra fresh thyme leaves and serve.