There are few things in life more pleasant than the smell of roasting garlic. I don’t know what it is about the smell that stimulates my hunger but it never fails. This recipe for garlic roasted carrots was inspired by my roasted potatoes recipe but since my kids have been enjoying carrots as of late, I just made a quick switch and it’s just as wonderful. The secret is to toss the carrots in butter instead of the usual olive oil, and to stir halfway through until the carrots are tender. Make sure not to overcook to avoid mushy carrots.
More Easy Roasted Carrot Recipes:
How to Make Sweet and Salty Roasted Carrot Chips in the Oven
The Best Honey-Balsamic Roasted Carrots (ERMAHGERD!)
Sheet Pan Roasted Carrots and Beets (Easy Recipe)
How to Make the Most Addictive Ginger Honey Roasted Carrots
Oven Roasted Baby Carrots with Thyme and Rosemary
Ridiculously Good Maple Roasted Carrots and Sweet Potatoes
Easy Sheet Pan Garlic Roasted Carrots (These are the Best!)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
1 ½ pounds carrots, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
3 tbsp butter, melted
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp chopped parsley leaves
salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Arrange the carrots in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Add the minced garlic and melted butter and toss to combine.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35-45 minutes, stirring halfway through through the cooking time, until the carrots are tender.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with chopped parsley.