Potato chips are my weakness and I’m not the least bit ashamed because whenever I crave, I always have the healthier alternative instead. That’s because these roasted carrot chips have amazing texture and they’re also good for you so I always have them on hand. Carrots are rich in beta carotene, vitamins and minerals, and they’re also a great source of carbs. This recipe is made by slicing carrots very thinly using the mandolin slicer (this is key!) then baked in the oven until crisp. It usually takes just 10-15 minutes in the oven, so it’s no wonder I reach for these so often. Give it a try for your daily dose of ‘fast’ food!
More Easy Roasted Carrot Recipes:
The Best Honey-Balsamic Roasted Carrots (ERMAHGERD!)
Sheet Pan Roasted Carrots and Beets (Easy Recipe)
How to Make the Most Addictive Ginger Honey Roasted Carrots
Oven Roasted Baby Carrots with Thyme and Rosemary
Ridiculously Good Maple Roasted Carrots and Sweet Potatoes
Oven Baked Sweet and Salty Roasted Carrot Chips
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
1 pound carrots, peeled
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Slice the carrots into very thin slices using a mandoline slicer.
- Add the slices to a bowl.
- Add the olive oil, maple syrup and salt and toss to coat.
- Lay the slices in a single layer on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the edges start to curl up and turn crisp.
- Then flip all the chips over and bake for another 5 minutes to crisp the bottoms.
- Remove from the oven and serve.