If you’re looking for a one-sheet recipe that you can prepare in just a few minutes, keep reading. This recipe is very straightforward but it is certainly not lacking in flavor, visual aesthetics or nutrient content. Carrots contain vitamin K, fiber, beta-carotene and potassium, while beets contain folate, fiber, iron, vitamin C, potassium and manganese. Needless to say, this roasted carrots and beets sheet pan recipe delivers on so many levels. The flavors are outstanding, and the colors are just beautiful. I love plating this during fancy dinners because it looks so elegant.
More Easy Roasted Carrot Recipes:
Sheet Pan Roasted Carrots and Beets (Easy Recipe)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour, 5 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
1 pound carrots, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
4 medium beats, thoroughly washed
3 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
zest of ½ lemon
1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a small bowl combine the balsamic vinegar, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, lemon zest and fresh thyme leaves.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper and set aside.
- Wrap the beets tightly in aluminum foil and set aside.
- Line a large baking sheet with 2 pieces of aluminum foil.
- Place the beets on piece of foil.
- Place the carrots on another piece of foil.
- Drizzle the carrots with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper and toss to coat.
- Transfer the carrots and beets to the oven.
- Bake the carrots for 30-35 minutes or until tender.
- Bake the beets for 50-60 minutes or until easily pierced with a knife.
- Peel the beets and cut into wedges.
- Add the carrots and beets in a large bowl.
- Add the olive oil mixture and toss to combine.
- Taste and season with more salt or black pepper if necessary.