Ginger is one of those rare foods that’s genuinely a real superfood. It’s also super easy to get all of the great immune benefits that it offers by making these ginger wellness shots.
How to Make Ginger Wellness Shots
- Prepare the ginger. Peel and chop the fresh ginger into manageable pieces. This doesn’t have to be very neat, just enough to give your blender an easier time breaking it down.
- Blend. Add the chopped ginger, lemons, and water into a blender and blend until smooth. Don’t worry if it’s still a bit chunky.
- Strain the fibers and chunks out. Strain the mixture through either a layered cheesecloth or a fine mesh sieve into a shot glass.
- Serve. Serve immediately.
3 Benefits of Ginger Shots for Wellness and Immunity
Ginger has many proven benefits for your health. Here are a few reasons why you should be drinking ginger shots.
- Relieves inflammation. Ginger is rich in anti-inflammatory compounds that can help to relieve chronic inflammation within the body. Studies also show that ginger is incredibly effective at relieving the pain caused by rheumatoid arthritis. (1)
- Provides antioxidants. Ginger is also packed full of antioxidant compounds that assist your body with fighting off cellular stress and damage. As a matter of fact, ginger contains such a high amount of antioxidants that only pomegranates and some types of berries offer more. (2)
- Enhanced immune response. The anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidative benefits of ginger work in tandem to help keep your immune system strong and healthy. This helps to both boost immunity while also protecting against a variety of inflammatory diseases, such as cancer and heart disease. (3)
Can I Use Turmeric Instead of Ginger?
Ginger and turmeric both share quite a few similarities. They’re both incredibly potent anti-inflammatory spices, they’re both packed full of antioxidants, and they’re both used for a wide range of culinary and medicinal purposes.
But with that being said, I don’t recommend swapping out ginger for turmeric in this recipe. They each offer a very distinctive taste and it would affect the flavor of this drink.
Can I Drink a Ginger Shot First Thing in the Morning?
Not only is it perfectly safe to drink ginger shots first thing in the morning, but it’s actually a phenomenal way to start your day.
A shot of ginger in the morning will help to spike your metabolism and get your digestive system moving, while also providing you with all of those anti-inflammatory and antioxidant benefits covered above.
(You may also like: Creamy Lemon Ginger Morning Smoothie for Good Gut Health)
Easy Ginger Wellness Shots to Boost Your Immune System
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- 2 lemons
- 2 inch fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp water
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Strain and serve.