Making smoothies for breakfast is a godsend for those mornings where you’re rushing around like crazy with no time to cook anything. Here’s one of my favorite recipes for making a tasty lemon ginger morning smoothie that’s done wonders for my gut health and keeps me fueled until lunch.
How to Make a Creamy Lemon Ginger Morning Smoothie
- Prepare the ingredients. Smoothie prep is everything if you want to save time! Take your lemons (organic if possible) and extract the juice. Set aside the rind for zesting. Grate the fresh ginger.
- Blend. Add the lemon juice, lemon zest, freshly grated ginger, frozen pineapple, frozen mango, unsweetened almond milk, and raw honey to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve. Serve the smoothie immediately.
3 Reasons Why You Should Drink This Morning Smoothie
This lemon ginger morning smoothie provides so many great benefits for your health. Here are 3 reasons why you should be drinking it:
- Improved gut health – Ginger works as a fantastic digestive aid by stimulating digestive acids and secretions, which in turn supports the food digestion and nutrient absorption. (1)
- Relieve inflammation – On top of its digestive benefits, ginger is also widely used for its potent anti-inflammatory benefits as well. Numerous studies have found that adding ginger into your diet can help with managing the pain caused by chronic inflammatory diseases like arthritis. (2)
- Immune system support – Thanks to the diverse blend of ingredients that go into making this smoothie, you’re getting an incredibly wide range of essential vitamins, minerals, dietary fiber, antioxidants, and other phytonutrients. These ingredients all work together in tandem to keep your immune system strong and healthy.
Can This Smoothie Take the Place of Breakfast?
This smoothie can 100% make for a fantastic breakfast replacement.
It’s already incredibly nutrient-dense to begin with, but check out the section below for a few tips on how to increase the protein content in order to help make it an even more satiating breakfast option.
Add Protein to Your Morning Smoothie with These Additions
If you want to up the protein content of this smoothie (or any breakfast smoothie in general), then try adding in the following options:
- Chopped nuts
- Greek yogurt (plain, unsweetened)
- Whey protein powder (either flavored or unflavored)
- All-natural peanut butter
- Chia seeds
- Pumpkin seeds
- Raw egg whites (pasteurized)
Creamy Lemon Ginger Morning Smoothie for Good Gut Health
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- 2/3 cup frozen pineapple
- 2/3 cup frozen mango
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 2 tsp raw honey
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately.