We’ve all heard of superfoods, but are you ready to try a genuine superdrink? That’s exactly what you get with this recipe for making a superpowered fresh turmeric ginger lemonade.
How to Make Turmeric Ginger Lemonade
- Prepare the ingredients. Peel and chop the lemons, fresh ginger, and fresh turmeric.
- Blend until smooth. Add the lemons, ginger, turmeric, raw honey, black peppercorns, and cold filtered water into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Strain. Use a fine mesh strainer to strain the mixture.
- Serve. Serve the lemonade over ice.
Is This Turmeric Ginger Lemonade Safe to Drink Every Day?
Not only is this turmeric ginger lemonade safe to drink every day, but I would actually recommend that you do indeed drink it on a daily basis, especially if you have any concerns about inflammation in your body.
Ginger and turmeric have both been proven to be incredibly potent sources of both disease fighting antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds.
It’s essential that you do everything in your power to keep chronic inflammation in check, as it can otherwise lead to the development of various types of chronic inflammatory diseases. (1)
Why Do I Have to Include Peppercorns in This Lemonade Recipe?
There’s a very important reason why you’re going to be adding in the black peppercorns when making this lemonade recipe.
Black peppercorns help to boost the absorption of the turmeric once it reaches your gut, which gives your body access to even more of its potent anti-inflammatory benefits. (2)
They basically help to make an already potent superdrink and turn it into an even more potent version.
Can I Use Turmeric Powder Instead of Fresh Turmeric?
For many people, it can be quite a challenge to find fresh turmeric root at their local grocery store. While many larger health stores will typically carry it, if you really can’t find any, then turmeric powder will serve as a perfectly fine substitute in a pinch.
If you need to use turmeric powder for this recipe, you’ll want to add in two teaspoons of it when you’re blending the ingredients.
Can I Make This Turmeric Ginger Lemonade Ahead?
You can make this turmeric ginger lemonade up to one week ahead of time as long as you keep it in the fridge sealed up with an airtight lid. The citric acids in the lemons will begin to spoil after about 5-7 days.
Superpowered Fresh Turmeric Ginger Lemonade
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 3 lemons, peeled and chopped
- 4 cups cold filtered water
- 1 ½ inch fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 ½ inch fresh turmeric, peeled and chopped
- 1/3 cup raw honey or to taste
- 5–6 black peppercorns
- ice cubes
- Place all the ingredients except ice cubes in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Strain the mixture through a fine mesh strainer.
- Serve over ice.