I’m always on the lookout for new and exciting ways to dress up my vegetable dishes. That said, whoever thought to use maple syrup is genius because it makes such a huge difference when roasting. Not only does it give a subtle sweetness to the dish, it also helps in browning the vegetables so there’s a slightly glazed finish. I of course, added my own spin to it by adding bits of bacon on top once it’s cooked. Let me tell you, when combined, the flavors in this roasted carrots and sweet potatoes dish are absolutely heavenly. You won’t be disappointed.
Ridiculously Good Maple Roasted Carrots and Sweet Potatoes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
1 ½ pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
1 ½ pounds carrots, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
6 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp olive oil
6 bacon slices, chopped
salt, black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Arrange the sweet potatoes and carrots in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Add the minced garlic, maple syrup and olive oil and toss to combine.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle with chopped bacon.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35-45 minutes, stirring halfway through through the cooking time, until the veggies are tender.
- Remove from the oven and serve.