One of my favorite ways to cook chicken is by tossing some tasty dark meat chicken thighs into my instant pot along with a homemade honey and lime marinade mixture. The tangy taste of the freshly squeezed lime juice blends perfectly with the naturally sweet flavor from the honey. In addition to those two clutch ingredients, the marinade also includes minced garlic, oregano, and a bit of water. Beyond just adding a ton of flavor to the mix, these extra ingredients really help increase the nutrient and antioxidant content of the entire recipe as well. It truly has everything you could ask for from a low carb chicken recipe.
More Low Carb Instant Pot Chicken Recipes:
Instant Pot Honey Lime Chicken Thighs
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
1 ½ pound skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs
2 tbsp olive oil
1/3 cup lime juice
2 tbsp water
2 garlic cloves, minced
½ tsp dried oregano
1 ½ tbsp honey
salt and black pepper to taste
For decoration (optional):
sliced spring onions
chopped fresh parsley
- Season the chicken with salt and black pepper.
- Press the SAUTE button on the Instant pot and let stand until screen reads “HOT”.
- Add the olive oil.
- Add the chicken, skin side down and cook for 2-3 minutes per side.
- In a small bowl combine the lime juice, water, minced garlic, oregano and honey.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken.
- Close and seal the Instant Pot.
- Turn the venting knob to SEALING and press PRESSURE COOK button.
- Adjust the timer to 10 minutes.
- Once the Instant Pot has finished cooking the chicken, allow to naturally release the pressure.
- Press the SAUTE button and cook until the sauce thickens.
- Sprinkle with sliced spring onions and chopped parsley (if using).
- Serve with lime wedges.