It’s still unbelievable to me how you can use cauliflower as a low carb, keto-friendly substitute for so many different types of foods. I absolutely love making everything from cauliflower rice to cauliflower ‘mashed potatoes’. Lately my go to cauliflower keto snack has been pizza bites though, and today I’m going to be sharing a recipe for making the best paleo cauliflower pizza bites ever. The reason cauliflower makes such a good ingredient replacement when making pizza bites is because it’s low carb, offers up a nearly identical texture for the dough, and it’s packed full of essential vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. When you pair that up with classic pizza staples like pepperoni, black olives, pizza sauce, and Italian seasoning, the resulting pizza bites are crazy good.
More Healthy Pizza Bite Recipes:
The Best Paleo Cauliflower Pizza Bites Ever (Try these!)
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
3 cups cauliflower rice
3 tbsp coconut flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1/3 cup Paleo friendly pizza sauce
12 nitrate free, sugar free Pepperoni slices
2 tbsp sliced black olives
fresh basil leaves (optional)
salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place the cauliflower rice in a microwave safe bowl and sprinkle with pinch of salt.
- Mix to combine.
- Cover with a lid.
- Microwave at 600W for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the microwave oven and allow to cool completely.
- Using a clean dish towel or cheese cloth, drain the cauliflower completely, removing as much water as possible.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a bowl.
- Add the eggs, coconut flour, baking powder, garlic powder and Italian seasoning.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Mix to combine.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop out mixture 2 tablespoons at a time and shape into rounds ½ inch thick.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven.
- Top each cauliflower base with pizza sauce and pepperoni.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, top with sliced olives and basil leaves and serve.