Combining contrasting flavors is my way or spicing things up in the kitchen. I like surprising my guests with new and exciting dishes when they come over because it’s my way of showing them how healthy food can be incredibly tasty, too. So instead of serving them the usual steamed vegetables (which are also great, don’t get me wrong), I like making my signature sweet, sour, and spicy oven roasted cauliflower. You’ll be adding maple syrup (aim for raw organic syrup if possible) to add the sweetness. Sriracha sauce provides just the right amount of fiery heat to the recipe, while the remaining ingredients give the whole thing just a hint of tangy sourness. And the best part of all? It’s full of nutrients without the artificial ingredients and fillers.
More Roasted Cauliflower Recipes:
The Best Sweet, Sour and Spicy Oven Roasted Cauliflower
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
4 cups cauliflower florets
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp Sriracha sauce
2 tbsp olive oil
½ tbsp soy sauce
black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place the cauliflower florets in a bowl.
- In another bowl combine the maple syrup, Sriracha sauce, olive oil, soy sauce and black pepper to taste.
- Pour the mixture over the cauliflower florets and toss to coat.
- Arrange the cauliflower florets in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25- 30 minutes, stirring halfway through through the cooking time, until the florets are tender.
- Remove from the oven.
- Serve immediately.