You’ll never see me turn down a peanut butter-anything smoothie. Combined with the creaminess of frozen banana, the combo is pretty unbeatable if you ask me. Be sure to use all natural creamy peanut butter for this so that it stays smooth with no chunks. I know chunky peanut butter is amazing as well, but for this smoothie, creamy peanut butter is best because you’ll be making peanut butter bombs as well. Peanut butter bombs are round balls of chewy, creamy goodness that you can keep as a snack or use it as a fun topping for smoothies like this one to really up the ante.
More Healthy Banana Smoothie Recipes:
Peanut Butter Bomb Banana Smoothie (High Protein Recipe)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 large banana, sliced and frozen
1 ½ tsp chia seeds
1 ½ tbsp natural, creamy peanut butter
¼ tsp vanilla extract
¼ to ½ cup ice (optional)
For the peanut butter bombs (yields: 28 mini bites):
¼ cup almond flour
1 ½ tsp natural, creamy peanut butter
1 tsp honey
½ tsp unsweetened almond milk
1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- To make the peanut butter bombs, combine all the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Roll into balls about ¼ teaspoon in size.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- To make the smoothie, place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and top with a few peanut butter bombs.
- Serve immediately.
- Store the remaining peanut butter bombs in freezer.