Sometimes it can be tough for anyone on the keto diet to find a quality protein bar. I’ve tried a few different brands and wasn’t really impressed with any of them. So if you’re anyone like me who does a fair bit of experimenting in the kitchen, you’re probably better off making your own low carb protein bars from scratch. The good news is that recipes like this one for making double chocolate nut-free protein bars always turn out perfectly. I’m particularly fond of this recipe because it adds some high quality fat sources into the mix like tahini and unsalted sunflower seeds, so you do get a bit of texture as well. This helps to up the quality fat content to go along with the high protein content, making this a perfect protein bar option for both keto and paleo dieters alike.
More Protein Bar Recipes:
Homemade Fudgy Brownie Keto Protein Bars
6-Ingredient Vegan Nut Crunch Protein Bars
The Healthiest Homemade Protein Bars Ever (Very low sugar!)
Homemade Honey Almond Butter Paleo Protein Bars (Easy Recipe)
4-Ingredient Low Carb Peanut Butter Protein Bars (Low Sugar)
Double Chocolate Nut-Free Protein Bars (Keto and Paleo-friendly)
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
1 ½ oz coconut flour
4 oz raw unsalted sunflower seeds
4 oz tahini
2 oz cacao powder
¼ cup coconut oil, melted
liquid stevia to taste
1 cup no dairy, sugar free dark chocolate chips, melted
1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- In a food processor add the coconut flour, sunflower seeds and cacao powder and pulse until finely ground.
- While the food processor is running, add the tahini, coconut oil and liquid stevia to taste.
- Process until well combined.
- Line an 8×4 inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Transfer the mixture into the prepared pan and flatten it out.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Lift the mixture out of the pan and slice into 6 bars.
- In a bowl combine the melted chocolate and 1 tablespoon of melted coconut oil.
- Dip each bar in the chocolate and place on baking sheet or board lined with parchment paper.
- Refrigerate until chocolate is firm.
- Serve immediately or keep the bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve.