Do you know what the problem is with most protein bars that you find on store shelves? A lot of them taste quite awful. Sure they might be convenient as a grab-and-go snack, but I can bet you there are a lot of options out there that taste ten times better with just as many nutrients. That’s actually why I prefer to make my own homemade protein bars. In fact, one of the best tasting protein bar recipes that I’ve ever tried is this one for making 4-ingredient low carb peanut butter protein bars. They’re super easy to make, requiring only about 15 minutes of your time, but they end up tasting so freaking good. And most importantly, they’re loaded with protein and quality fats to help you squeeze those extra macros in.
4-Ingredient Low Carb Peanut Butter Protein Bars (Low Sugar)
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
1 cup natural creamy peanut butter
¼ cup vanilla protein powder
2 tbsp coconut flour
¼ cup monk fruit sweetened maple syrup or other low carb sticky sweetener
- Line an 8×4 inch loaf pan with parchment paper and set side.
- In a bowl place the peanut butter and sweetener and using an electric mixer, beat on medium speed until blended.
- Add the protein powder and coconut flour and beat to combine.
- Transfer the mixture into the prepared pan and flatten it out.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Lift the mixture out of the pan and slice into 6 bars.
- Serve immediately or keep the bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve.