Right next to grilled chicken salad and Caesar salad, cobb salad is among my top three favorite salad varieties to enjoy. The combination of crisp green veggies, tomatoes, blue cheese, avocado, bacon, and chicken makes my taste buds come alive each and every time. So I’m sure it will come as no surprise to any of you to find out that I’m 100% hooked on this recipe for making cobb salad bites. It will honestly blow your mind. You’ll be making bacon ‘cups’ and stuffing them full of classic cobb salad ingredients. As if that weren’t already good enough, you’ll then be drizzling them with a homemade salad dressing that’s made with mustard, honey, olive oil, and apple cider vinegar.
More Healthy Salad Bite Recipes:
Cobb Salad Bites (Save this recipe!)
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
12 thin bacon slices
½ cup diced cooked chicken
1 hard boiled egg, diced
1 cup finely chopped Romaine or iceberg lettuce
¼ avocado, peeled and chopped
¼ cup chopped cherry tomato
2 tbsp crumbled blue cheese
For the dressing:
2 tbsp olive oil
½ tbsp apple cider vinegar
½ tbsp mustard
1 tsp honey
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Turn the muffin pan upside down and cover with foil.
- Cut 6 bacon slices in half. Set aside.
- Cover one muffin cup with 2 bacon halves in X pattern.
- Take one full length piece of bacon and wrapped it around the sides to form the cup shape.
- Secure it with toothpick.
- Repeat until you have used all the bacon.
- Bake the bacon cups in the preheat oven for 20-25 minutes or until the bacon is crisp.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Remove the toothpicks and take the cups off the foil.
- Divide the lettuce, chicken, avocado, egg, tomato, and bleu cheese among the cups.
- In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, mustard and honey.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Drizzle the dressing over cups and serve.