Granny Smith apples. Cinnamon. Pies. Those are three of my favorite things, and today I’ll be sharing a homemade fruit leather recipe that combines all of them into one tasty treat. This Granny Smith cinnamon apple pie fruit leather recipe makes for a fantastic healthy snack to enjoy, and it’s actually quite good for you as well. Not only are Granny Smith apples an excellent source of vitamin C and dietary fiber, but they’ve also been shown to help reduce chronic inflammation, which has been linked to numerous types of diseases. In addition to the apples, this recipe also includes both honey and freshly squeezed lemon juice, which provides you with even more great antioxidant and anti-inflammatory health benefits.
More Homemade Fruit Leather Recipes:
Granny Smith Cinnamon Apple Pie Fruit Leather (ERMAHGERD!)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 hours, 30 minutes
- Total Time: 3 hours, 40 minutes
- Yield: 10 1x
4 cups chopped and peeled Granny Smith apples
1/3 cup water
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 170°F.
- Line a 17-by-12-inch baking sheet with a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, add the apples, water, honey, lemon juice, and cinnamon.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer until apples begin to break down and liquid is mostly evaporated, about 10- 15 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Spread the mixture evenly onto the baking sheet.
- Bake until the leather is no longer sticky to the touch, about 3-4 hours.
- Lay a sheet of parchment on top of the fruit leather.
- Invert the leather and gently peel off the mat.
- Cut the leather into strips.
- Roll up and store in an airtight container.