When I was a kid growing up, I used to love fruit leathers. I would usually have a Fruit Roll-Up packed in with my lunch at school as a snack, which wasn’t exactly ideal, because the store bought varieties aren’t the healthiest options around. Now that I’m older and have my own kids, I just make fruit leather from scratch for their lunchtime snack. If you’ve never tried to make it yourself, then you need to try this mind-blowing homemade strawberry fruit leather recipe. It’s so easy to make, too. All you have to do is blend three simple ingredients together and then spread the mixture on a baking sheet before throwing it in the oven for a few hours.
Mind-Blowing Homemade Strawberry Fruit Leather (Easy Recipe)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 hours
- Total Time: 3 hours, 5 minutes
- Yield: 16 1x
1 pound fresh strawberries
¼ cup honey
1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 170°F.
- Line two 17-by-12-inch baking sheets with a silicone baking mats.
- Place the strawberries, honey and lemon juice in a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Spread the mixture evenly onto the baking sheets.
- Bake until the leather is no longer sticky to the touch, about 3-4 hours.
- Rotate the pans 180 degrees and swapping levels halfway through.
- Lay a sheet of parchment on top of the fruit leather.
- Invert the leather and gently peel off the mat.
- Cut the leather into strips.
- Roll up and store in an airtight container.