In this day and age, there are so many different snacks to choose from. We need to be careful because many of these snacks are high in sugar and contain artificial ingredients that may affect our health in a negative way. Homemade Korean beef jerky is a recipe you have to bookmark. High in protein and rich in nutrients such as iron, zinc, B vitamins, and omega-3 fatty acids, Korean beef jerky is a healthy snack that will boost your energy and help protect your body from certain ailments. I’d say it’s the perfect homemade snack to pack for your children because it’s also mess-free and easy for them to eat. Pack them in the car, on picnics, while at the mall… the possibilities are endless.
More Homemade Beef Jerky Recipes:
No-Fuss Oven Baked Teriyaki Beef Jerky (Easy Jerky Recipe)
Apple Cider Vinegar Black Pepper Beef Jerky (Yum!)
Bacon Burger Jerky – Homemade Ground Beef Jerky Recipe
How to Make the Best 5-Ingredient Homemade Beef Jerky (Easy!)
Homemade Korean Beef Jerky (Healthy High Protein Snack)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Total Time: 8 hours, 10 minutes
- Yield: 20 1x
2 pounds London broil or eye of round roast, trimmed off fat and sliced thinly agains the grain
3 tbsp soy sauce
3 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp sesame oil
- In a large bowl whisk together the soy sauce, brown sugar, onion powder, garlic powder and sesame oil until combined.
- Add the meat to a bowl and toss until well coated.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or up to 1 day.
- If you’re making the jerky in a dehydrator, lay the strips out in a single layer on the trays of your dehydrator.
- Set dehydrator according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- If you’re making the jerky in the oven, heat oven to 175°F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a wire rack over the foil.
- Lay the beef strips out in a single layer on the wire rack.
- Bake the beef in the preheated oven until dry and leathery, about 4 to 8 hours, flipping the beef once about halfway through. (see note*)
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Transfer in a container and refrigerate for up to 1 month.
The total time is dependent on the thickness of the meat.