The best recipes are ones that are simple and combines unique flavors to traditional dishes. For example, this beef jerky recipe has an Asian-inspired twist thanks to the ingredients mainly found in teriyaki dishes. Oven baked teriyaki beef jerky is very easy to make and the trick is in the marinade. Combine the rice vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, fresh ginger, garlic cloves, sesame oil and seeds, with your eye of round roast in a bowl and refrigerate it for a minimum of 30 minutes. Some refrigerate the meat up to 1 day so the flavor gets fully absorbed. Each bite is an explosion of flavor you’ll surely enjoy.
More Homemade Beef Jerky Recipes:
No-Fuss Oven Baked Teriyaki Beef Jerky (Easy Jerky Recipe)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Total Time: 8 hours, 10 minutes
- Yield: 20 1x
2 pounds London broil or eye of round roast, trimmed off fat and sliced thinly agains the grain
½ cup soy sauce
2 tbsp rice vinegar
¼ cup brown sugar
1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and grated
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 ½ tsp sesame oil
1 ½ tsp sesame seeds
½ tsp black pepper
- In a large bowl whisk together the soy sauce, rice vinegar, brown sugar, grated ginger, minced garlic, sesame oil, sesame seeds and black pepper until combined.
- Add the meat to a bowl and toss until well coated.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or up to 1 day.
- Preheat oven to 175°F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a wire rack over the foil.
- Lay the beef strips out in a single layer on the wire rack.
- Bake the beef in the preheated oven until dry and leathery, about 4 to 8 hours, flipping the beef once about halfway through. (see note*)
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Transfer in a container and refrigerate for up to 1 month.
The total time is dependent on the thickness of the meat.