To add more of a savory flavor to your beef jerky, then you absolutely have to try this amazing bacon ground beef jerky recipe. From the very first bite, the smokiness of the bacon together with ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, and red pepper flakes will have you hooked. The combined flavors taste like a juicy bacon burger but in beef jerky form. It’s a great recipe to make for camping trips, picnics, and also for long hikes. A single serving will provide you with the energy you need to get through a busy day or to help your body recover from physical activity. I love how it’s a high protein snack too, something you can’t usually get at stores aside from the typical protein bar.
More Homemade Beef Jerky Recipes:
Bacon Burger Jerky – Homemade Ground Beef Jerky Recipe
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Total Time: 8 hours, 10 minutes
- Yield: 10 1x
1 pound lean ground beef
3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1 tsp salt
½ tsp black pepper
2 tsp brown sugar
¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp liquid smoke
2 tbsp ketchup
- Preheat oven to 170°F.
- To a bowl add the beef, crumbled bacon, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, salt, black pepper and brown sugar and mix to combine. Set aside.
- Transfer the beef mixture on a baking silicon mat.
- Using a rolling pin, roll the meat evenly around the baking mat to ¼ inch thickness.
- In a small bowl whisk together the Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke and ketchup until until combined.
- Brush the meat with sauce.
- Place the baking mat on a large baking sheet with a lip.
- Dry in the oven for 8-10 hours or until harden.
- Slice and serve.