Homemade Korean Beef Jerky (Healthy High Protein Snack)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Total Time: 8 hours, 10 minutes
- Yield: 20 1x
2 pounds London broil or eye of round roast, trimmed off fat and sliced thinly agains the grain
3 tbsp soy sauce
3 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp sesame oil
- In a large bowl whisk together the soy sauce, brown sugar, onion powder, garlic powder and sesame oil until combined.
- Add the meat to a bowl and toss until well coated.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or up to 1 day.
- If you’re making the jerky in a dehydrator, lay the strips out in a single layer on the trays of your dehydrator.
- Set dehydrator according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- If you’re making the jerky in the oven, heat oven to 175°F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a wire rack over the foil.
- Lay the beef strips out in a single layer on the wire rack.
- Bake the beef in the preheated oven until dry and leathery, about 4 to 8 hours, flipping the beef once about halfway through. (see note*)
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Transfer in a container and refrigerate for up to 1 month.
The total time is dependent on the thickness of the meat.