Before trying this recipe, the most important step is to find 100% grass-fed beef with no added hormones. Selecting good quality beef will not only enhance the flavor of your jerky, but it will also provide you with many health benefits. This recipe is both sweet and spicy thanks to ingredients such as honey, red pepper flakes, smoked sweet paprika, and sriracha sauce. This grass-fed beef jerky recipe is extremely flavorful and goes well with a cold beer. Make this recipe for your friends and family and we guarantee that they’ll be asking you for the recipe. It’s that good.
More Homemade Beef Jerky Recipes:
Homemade Korean Beef Jerky (Healthy High Protein Snack)
No-Fuss Oven Baked Teriyaki Beef Jerky (Easy Jerky Recipe)
Apple Cider Vinegar Black Pepper Beef Jerky (Yum!)
Bacon Burger Jerky – Homemade Ground Beef Jerky Recipe
How to Make the Best 5-Ingredient Homemade Beef Jerky (Easy!)
The Best Grass-Fed Beef Jerky Recipe Ever (Try this!)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Total Time: 8 hours, 10 minutes
- Yield: 20 1x
2 pounds eye of round roast, trimmed off fat and sliced thinly agains the grain
½ cup soy sauce
¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
1 ½ tsp honey
1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
½ tsp onion powder
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp red pepper flakes
½ tsp smoked sweet paprika
1 ½ tsp Sriracha sauce
- In a large bowl whisk together the soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, honey, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, smoked sweet paprika and Sriracha sauce until combined.
- Add the meat to a bowl and toss until well coated.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or up to 1 day.
- If you’re making the jerky in a dehydrator, lay the strips out in a single layer on the trays of your dehydrator.
- Set dehydrator according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- If you’re making the jerky in the oven, heat oven to 175°F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a wire rack over the foil.
- Lay the beef strips out in a single layer on the wire rack.
- Bake the beef in the preheated oven until dry and leathery, about 4 to 8 hours, flipping the beef once about halfway through. (see note*)
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Transfer into a container and refrigerate for up to 1 month.
The total time is dependent on the thickness of the meat.