One of the most popular – if not THE most popular – New Year’s Resolutions all over the globe is to lose weight. Indeed, most gyms are packed with a flood of newcomers throughout the first few weeks of January. And while year after year those numbers gradually dwindle, there are definitely a few things you can still easily do all year long to help with your weight loss goals. You could try out this recipe that will show you how to cook a fat burning butternut squash soup for instance. It’s super easy to make, it’s packed full of healthy ingredients that will help rev up your metabolism, and it just tastes plain delicious. So if fat loss is (or has been) one of your number one goals, then you’ll definitely want to give this recipe a shot.
Satisfy Your Hunger and Burn Fat with This Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
You’ll be prepping this soup right from the beginning with fat burning ingredients. You can begin by melting two tablespoons of coconut oil over a medium heat. Along with olive oil, I love using coconut oil for my cooking needs over unhealthy options like vegetable oils. Coconut oil is particularly good for recipes that place an emphasis on fat loss like this one as well. The type of saturated fats found in coconuts are actually pretty useful for helping with your weight loss goals. The reason is because they’re medium chain triglycerides, a type of fatty acid that studies have found to be beneficial when it comes to weight management. (1)
Add in the ever popular combo of chopped onion and minced garlic cloves next in order to give your soup even more great fat burning potential. (2) They both also definitely add a TON of flavor into the mix as you would expect. You’ll also need to add in a bit of grated fresh ginger. The ginger will give your soup a slightly spicy taste that meshes well with the garlicky onion flavor. It also adds even more disease-fighting antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties to the recipe. (3)
With all that out of the way, it’s time to add in a great mixture of spices and other ingredients. You’ll need four cups of bone broth, one teaspoon of turmeric, one teaspoon of thyme, ⅛ teaspoon of cinnamon, ¼ teaspoon of black pepper, and one teaspoon of pink Himalayan salt. When adding a mix of herbs and spices like this into your soups, you’ll be adding even more great anti-oxidative and anti-inflammatory benefits. Studies have even found that some culinary herbs and spices may be useful in treating and preventing obesity and metabolic syndrome. (4)
Bring the soup to a low boil and then cover it with a lid. Cook it for about 15-20 minutes and then go ahead and serve it along with a dash of fresh squeezed lemon. I usually like to make a bowl of this soup right after I come home from a long run to really help get my metabolism running. You should really give this recipe a try following your next workout session – I’m sure you’ll be pleasantly surprised!
How to Cook Fat Burning Butternut Squash Soup (Easy Recipe)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 small butternut squash (about 1 ¼ pound), peeled, seeded and chopped into small cubes
- 1 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4 cups bone broth or stock
- fresh squeezed lemon to taste
- In a large pot heat the coconut oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook for 3-5 minutes or until softened and translucent.
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the carrots and butternut squash and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the bone broth, turmeric, thyme, cinnamon, black pepper and pink Himalayan salt and bring the soup to a low boil.
- Cover with a lid and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the butternut squash is fork tender.
- Serve warm with dash of fresh squeezed lemon.
More Healthy Butternut Squash Soup Recipes:
- Collagen-Rich Butternut Squash Soup for Back Pain
- Butternut Squash Noodle Soup for a Satisfying Low Calorie Meal
- How to Make Heart Healthy Butternut Squash Soup in an Instant
- Roasted Garlic Butternut Squash Soup to Lower Cholesterol
- 7-Ingredient Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup for Weight Loss
- Bombtastic Butternut Squash Beef Chili for Weight Loss
- The Best Butternut Squash Soup to Fuel Your Soul (And Body)
- Superfood Bone Broth Butternut Squash Soup