It’s great to enjoy a traditional pina colada every now and then, but this type of pina colada recipe is slightly different. It’s alcohol-free, but just as fun thanks to the coconut-flavored chia pudding. Chia seeds take on a pudding like consistency when soaked in liquid. The coconut milk in this recipe really gives it a tropical vibe, so it’s perfect for the summer or any time of year really if you can get your hands on some sweet pineapple. It’s the perfect mix of sweet, creamy and a hint of tanginess all rolled into one delicious chia pudding almond milk dessert.
More Chia Seed Pudding Recipes:
Healthy Coconut Milk Chia Pudding (Pina Colada Copycat)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
1 (14 oz) can full fat coconut milk
6 tbsp chia seeds
1 cup chopped fresh or canned pineapple plus extra for serving
¼ cup maple syrup or to taste
1 tsp vanilla extract
toasted coconut chips, for serving (optional)
- Place the coconut milk, pineapple, maple syrup and vanilla extract in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl.
- Whisk in the chia seeds.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes and then whisk again.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4-5 hours, or overnight until thickened.
- Stir well before serving. (See note*)
- Divide the chia pudding between jars or small bowls.
- Top with chopped pineapple and toasted coconut chips (if using) and serve.
If it’s too runny, whisk in more chia seeds and let it sit again until thickened. If it’s too thick, thin it with a touch of milk.