Chia seeds are one of those things that gets better with time. The more I experiment with it, the more it becomes my go-to ingredient for healthy treats like this chia seed pudding for example. It takes just a few ingredients to make this mindblowing dessert that contains everything from fiber, to omega-3s, to protein—truly deserving of its superfood title. Not many people realize how chia seeds can turn change texture once it’s soaked in liquid but it thickens beautifully to make an outstanding chocolate chia pudding.
Mindblowing 5-Ingredient Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding (Healthy)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
2 cups unsweetened almond milk (or your favorite milk)
6 tbsp chia seeds
1/3 cup cacao powder
1/3 cup pure maple syrup
1 tbsp vanilla extract
- To a bowl add the cacao powder, maple syrup and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Then add a little milk at a time and whisk until smooth.
- Add the reaming milk and whisk well.
- Whisk in the chia seeds.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes and then whisk again.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4-5 hours, or overnight until thickened.
- Stir well before serving. (See note*)
- Divide between jars or small bowls, add your favorite toppings and serve.
If it’s too runny, whisk in more chia seeds and let it sit again until thickened. If it’s too thick, thin it with a touch of milk.