Pomegranate’s are one of the richest sources of disease fighting antioxidants out there, right next to berries. And this quick and easy recipe will show you how to make sparkling pomegranate juice in less than 2 minutes flat!
How to Make Sparkling Pomegranate Juice
- Combine the ingredients. Add the freshly pressed pomegranate juice, chilled sparkling water, and freshly squeezed lemon juice into a glass.
- Serve. Serve immediately, over ice if desired.
How to Extract the Juice from the Pomegranate
Extracting the juice from the pomegranate can be a bit of an involved process. If you’re not sure where to start, simply follow this step by step guide:
- Remove the crown. Use a paring knife to remove the crown from the pomegranate.
- Separate the pomegranate. Cut the pomegranate into 4 separate sections.
- Break apart the arils. Fill a bowl with cold water and break apart the pomegranate arils under the water.
- Drain. Drain the water from the arils after you finish separating them from the rind.
- Blend. Add the arils into a blender and blend for 15-20 seconds.
- Strain. Use either a layered cheesecloth or a fine mesh sieve to strain the juice from the blender.
Pomegranate Juice Reduces Inflammation
The biggest reason why you should be drinking pomegranate juice for your health is because of the fact it’s so rich in antioxidants, which help to reduce chronic inflammation in the body.
Research has shown that pomegranate shows promise in helping to prevent various disease risk factors like high blood pressure and chronic inflammation. (1)
2 Big Reasons Why You Need to Reduce Chronic Inflammation in the Body
I can’t stress enough how important it is to do everything you can to get rid of chronic inflammation in your body. While some level of inflammation is normal and healthy (post-workout inflammatory response is a great example), chronic inflammation can:
- Develop into chronic inflammatory disease. Unchecked chronic inflammation is a significant risk factor for the development of chronic inflammatory diseases like cancer, heart disease, and Alzheimer’s. (2)
- Cause organ and tissue damage. Even before inflammation progresses to full blown disease, it can cause severe damage to your tissue and internal organs. This can eventually lead to tissue scarring and cellular DNA damage.
How Often Can I Have This Sparkling Pomegranate Juice Drink?
This sparkling pomegranate juice is perfectly safe to drink every single day.
As a matter of fact, unless you happen to have allergies or anything like that to any of the ingredients used in this recipe, I would definitely recommend making this drink every day, especially if you don’t eat the recommended daily serving amounts of fruit or vegetables.
While this drink is certainly no replacement for a healthy balanced diet that includes fruit and veggies, it’s still a great way to provide your body with essential nutrients and antioxidants.
(You may also like: Homemade Sparkling Cranberry Juice Drink for Vibrant Health)
Sparkling Pomegranate Juice Drink to Reduce Inflammation
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Total Time: 2 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- ½ cup freshly pressed pomegranate juice
- ½ cup chilled sparkling water
- ½ tsp fresh lemon juice
- ice cubes (optional)
- Combine the pomegranate juice, lemon juice and sparkling water in a glass.
- Serve immediately, with a few ice cubes if desired.