You’ll never want to buy store brand cranberry juice ever again once you see how easy it is to make your own from scratch. I have a recipe to share with you that I’ve made dozens of times already and taste’s so much better than anything you can buy from the store.
How to Make Your Own Homemade Cranberry Juice
- Boil the cranberries. In a small saucepan with water, boil your fresh or frozen cranberries.
- Simmer for 20 minutes. Once it comes to a boil, lower the heat and let it simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Blend. Once it’s done, transfer the cranberry mixture to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Strain. Strain the solids out of the cranberry syrup using a fine-mesh sieve or cheesecloth. You want a fine, smooth syrup.
- Refrigerate. Store in the fridge in a sterilized bottle until ready to use. Tip: Store your cranberry juice in small bottles and give it to friends as a homemade present!
How to Make Sparkling Cranberry Juice Drink
The cranberry juice is good enough when enjoyed on its own, but it’s even better when you use it to make this homemade sparkling cranberry juice drink.
- Combine the ingredients. Remove the cranberry juice from the fridge and add it into a glass with honey and chilled sparkling water.
- Mix well and serve. Optional: serve over ice.
What Makes Cranberry So Healthy?
Cranberries are considered to be a genuine superfood because they’re both nutrient-dense and packed full of disease fighting antioxidants.
They actually contain unique polyphenols and other compounds that have been found to help with treating urinary tract infections in various studies. (1)
In addition to that, cranberries are also a good source of dietary fiber, vitamins C, A, K, and E, iron, calcium, potassium, and other essential vitamins and minerals.
3 Reasons to Drink Sparkling Cranberry Juice Drink for Vibrant Health
Here are 3 great reasons why you should be drinking sparkling cranberry juice on a regular basis:
- Nutrient-dense. We’ve already talked about how cranberries are considered to be a superfood and all of those great benefits are also transferred over into this drink recipe. The juice provides you with an abundance of essential vitamins, minerals, fiber, antioxidants, and other beneficial polyphenols.
- Helps prevent infections. Both cranberries and honey alike contain some pretty remarkable compounds that help to prevent and treat infections. Cranberries are a well known remedy for treating urinary tract infections while honey is jam packed full of antibiotic and antimicrobial compounds. (2)
- Protects against heart disease. The combination of dietary fiber, antioxidants, and polyphenols in cranberries have been found to help protect against heart disease and stroke by reducing levels of the ‘bad’ LDL cholesterol and lowering high blood pressure. (3)
(You may also like: Easy Grapefruit Juice Soda for Weight Loss)
Homemade Sparkling Cranberry Juice Drink for Vibrant Health
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
For the juice drink:
- 2 oz cranberry juice (recipe bellow)
- 1 tsp honey or to taste
- 1 cup chilled sparkling water
- ice cubes (optional)
For the cranberry juice reduction:
- 12 oz. fresh or frozen cranberries
- 4 cups water
- To make the syrup, add the cranberries and water to a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from heat.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Strain the syrup through a cheesecloth or fine-mesh sieve and pour into a sterilized bottle.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- To make the juice, in a glass combine the cranberry syrup, honey and sparkling water.
- Serve immediately, over ice if desired.