This quick and easy to make homemade grapefruit juice soda doesn’t just taste amazing, it also provides you with some incredible weight loss benefits as well. Here’s how to make it!
How to Make Grapefruit Juice Soda
- Juice the ingredients. Nothing beats freshly squeezed! You’re going to need both fresh squeezed lemon juice and pink grapefruit juice to make this recipe, so use either a juicer or a blender and strainer combo to prepare your juice.
- Combine the ingredients. Add the grapefruit juice, lemon juice, chilled sparkling water, and liquid stevia into a glass.
- Add ice. Optionally add ice. Serve!
How Does Homemade Grapefruit Juice Soda Help with Weight Loss?
Wondering what it is about this grapefruit juice soda that makes it work so well for weight loss? I actually didn’t realize how great this could be for weight loss until I did a bit of research myself!
- Fiber content – Grapefruit is a rich source of dietary fiber, which has been proven to help with appetite control and promoting fullness. (1)
- Low calorie – Grapefruit and lemons are both also low calorie fruits that are full of water, another characteristic that has been associated with improved weight loss efforts. (2)
- No added sugars – Unlike many commercially available grapefruit juice and soda products, this recipe has no added sugars or any other types of preservatives. Instead, it contains naturally occurring fruit sugars combined with a zero calorie sweetener.
- Low carb – Carrying on from the point above, this grapefruit juice soda is also a rather low carb drink option in general, especially when compared to other sodas. Studies have found numerous weight loss benefits can be gained by following low carb diets that place an emphasis on eating real, whole foods. (3)
What’s the Best Way to Store Homemade Grapefruit Juice Soda?
You’re going to want to always keep any type of carbonated beverage stored in your refrigerator, and this grapefruit juice soda is no exception.
With that in mind, the best way to store this drink is to simply keep it in a pitcher with either a lid or plastic wrap covering to keep it tightly sealed. Your grapefruit juice soda will keep for up to 2-3 days before it will start to go bad.
(You may also like: Light Apple Cider Vinegar Weight Loss Drink That’s Gentle on Your Stomach)
Easy Grapefruit Juice Soda for Weight Loss
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- 1 pink grapefruit, juiced
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup chilled sparkling water
- liquid stevia to taste
- ice cubes (optional)
- In a glass, combine the grapefruit juice, lemon juice, sparkling water and liquid stevia.
- Add a few ice cubes and serve.