Weight loss is never linear, but one thing that I always try to incorporate into my diet is this apple cider vinegar drink. It’s super easy to make as well.
How to Make an Apple Cider Vinegar Weight Loss Drink
- Combine the ingredients. Add freshly cold pressed pineapple juice into a glass with apple cider vinegar and your choice of either honey or liquid stevia to taste. I like liquid stevia because I only need to add a bit of it.
- Serve. Serve immediately, over ice if desired.
Apple Cider Vinegar Benefits for Weight Loss
The reason why this drink recipe works so well is because of how the apple cider vinegar provides a couple of subtle but effective weight loss benefits:
- Curbed appetite – Vinegar is widely known to help as an appetite suppressant and apple cider vinegar is no exception. This vinegar drink can help to curb your appetite, which can in turn help to prevent binge eating. (1)
- Low GI – Apple cider vinegar is low on the glycemic index, which makes it great for helping with your weight loss efforts. Low GI foods like vinegar help to minimize blood sugar spikes and keep insulin levels stable. (2)
Is Apple Cider Vinegar Gentle on the Stomach?
Apple cider vinegar is actually quite mild for the stomach, but here are a couple of ways you can make it even less potent:
- Don’t drink this apple cider vinegar drink first thing in the morning.
- Do drink it alongside a light salad or another type of light meal.
- Dilute it more by increasing the amount of pineapple juice used or by mixing in a bit of water.
Can I Use Regular Vinegar Instead of Apple Cider Vinegar?
For the purposes of this drink recipe, I definitely don’t recommend swapping out the apple cider vinegar for regular vinegar. There are some distinct differences (more on this below) between them and you won’t get the same result if you use regular vinegar.
Apple Cider Vinegar vs. Regular Vinegar – What’s the Difference?
There are a few key differences between apple cider vinegar and regular vinegar beyond just their color. Here are a couple of the main reasons why this recipe uses apple cider vinegar instead of the alternative:
- Apple cider vinegar is more commonly used as a culinary ingredient to begin with, while regular vinegar sees a lot of use as a household cleaning item.
- Apple cider vinegar provides benefits for everything from weight loss to treating skin conditions.
- Apple cider vinegar tends to have a milder taste compared to the intense, acidic taste of regular vinegar.
- Apple cider vinegar contains “The Mother” which is the substance believed to be responsible for many of its health benefits.
(You may also like: Iced Lemon and Cinnamon Water Recipe for Weight Loss)
Light Apple Cider Vinegar Weight Loss Drink That’s Gentle on Your Stomach
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- 1 cup freshly cold pressed pineapple juice
- 2 tbsp raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp of honey or liquid stevia to taste
- ice cubes (optional)
- Combine the pineapple juice, apple cider vinegar and sweetener to taste.
- Serve immediately, over ice if desired.