It can honestly be pretty tricky to find a good protein bar that not only tastes great, but can also be considered 100% healthy. All too often you can have one but not the other. That’s exactly why I like to make my own keto-friendly high protein bars from scratch, especially when they’re made with great recipes like this one for making the healthiest homemade protein bars ever. They taste incredible thanks to adding things like monk fruit sweetened maple syrup, chocolate protein powder, and sugar free dark chocolate chips. On top of that, they feature three different kinds of healthy seeds (chia, sunflower, and sesame) which means they’re also packed full of quality heart healthy fats.
More Protein Bar Recipes:
The Healthiest Homemade Protein Bars Ever (Very low sugar!)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
2 tbsp solid coconut oil
2 tbsp monk fruit sweetened maple syrup or other low carb sticky sweetener
1 tbsp water
1/3 cup sugar free dark chocolate chips
4 tbsp sunflower seeds
4 tbsp chia seeds
1/4 cup sesame seeds
4 tbsp chocolate protein powder
- Line an 8×4 inch loaf pan with parchment paper and set side.
- In a small saucepan add the coconut oil, maple syrup, dark chocolate chips and water.
- Heat over low heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate is melted.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a food processor add the sunflower seeds, chia seeds and sesame seeds and pulse a few times to combine.
- Stir in the chocolate mixture.
- Add the protein powder and mix to combine.
- Transfer the mixture into the prepared pan and flatten it out.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Lift the mixture out of the pan and slice into 6 bars.
- Serve immediately or keep the bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve.