Healthier Heavy Cream Substitute (Only 2 Ingredients!)
I love adding heavy cream in with my morning coffee; it makes it perfectly rich and creamy. If you don’t have any heavy cream on hand for coffee, baking or any cooking needs, you can use this quick easy 2-ingredient heavy cream substitute.
How to Make a Healthy Heavy Cream Substitute
- Melt the butter in the microwave or pan. Add the butter to a small microwave-safe dish and microwave until melted. You can also melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium low heat if desired.
- Blend. Add the melted butter and full fat milk into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Thicken (Optional). If you want your heavy cream substitute to be even thicker, you can add a tablespoon of flour to thicken it.
Try This Heavy Cream Substitute with These Types of Recipes
This heavy cream substitute is great when used in your morning coffee, but it’s also an excellent choice to use in any other recipes that use heavy cream as well. Here are a few recipe ideas that you can use this heavy cream substitute with:
- Keto Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- Biotin-Rich Cream of Mushroom Soup
- The Best Instant Pot Chicken Recipe for Garlic Lovers
The only thing to keep in mind is that you won’t be able to use this substitute for making whipped cream. The combo of full fat milk and butter is unfortunately unable to whip into soft or stiff peaks.
How to Incorporate This Heavy Cream Substitute in Your Recipes
If you follow this recipe exactly then your mixture of milk and butter will end up yielding what is the equivalent of one cup of heavy cream. You can use it in exact 1:1 amounts for any recipe that calls for heavy cream.
For example, if your recipe calls for ¼ cup of heavy cream, then you would simply use ¼ cup of this heavy cream substitute.
You’ll find that this combo of full fat milk and butter works to make an almost exact replacement. It has the same thickness and flavor as heavy cream.
What Are Some Other Ways to Make a Heavy Cream Substitute?
There are a few different ways that you can make a heavy cream substitute in a pinch besides mixing milk and butter. Here are a few other ingredient combos that work just as well for making a replacement:
- One cup of milk and 2 tbsp of cornstarch replaces one cup of heavy cream
- ½ cup of silken tofu and ½ cup of soy milk replaces one cup of heavy cream
- ½ cup of plain Greek yogurt and ½ cup of milk replaces one cup of heavy cream
(You may also like: Vegan Heavy Cream Substitute)
Healthier Heavy Cream Substitute (Using on 2 Ingredients!)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 cup 1x
- ¾ cup full fat milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- Add the milk and melted butter to a blender and blend until smooth.
- If you need the substitute to be thicker, add a tablespoon of flour to thicken it.
Ask a Question Rate this Recipe