Celery juice is one of my favorite types of veggie juices to make at home for a few different reasons. It tastes so fresh and crisp, and I absolutely love it when mixed with some lime juice, and it’s oh so good for you for so many reasons. Here’s how I make it.
How to Make Homemade Celery Juice
- Prep the ingredients. Wash and then chop up one whole bunch of organic celery. Peel the lime as well.
- Blend them together. Add the celery and lime into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Strain. Lay a layered cheesecloth over top of a bowl and pour the juice from your blender into the bowl. Pick up the sides of the cheesecloth when done and squeeze out any leftover juice.
- Serve. Serve immediately, over ice if desired.
Do I Really Need a Blender to Make Celery Juice?
Using a blender might be the easiest way to make your own celery juice from scratch, but it’s far from the only way. If you don’t have a blender on hand, you can use one of the following alternatives to make this recipe:
- Juice extractor
- Food processor
3 Great Reasons Why You Should Drink Celery Juice
For such an easy to make drink recipe, you’ll be getting a lot of nutritional goodness with this celery juice. Here are 3 great reasons why you should be drinking it:
- Incredibly nutrient-dense. Celery is packed with high levels of vitamins A, B2, B6, C, and K. It’s also a great source of dietary fiber and essential minerals like potassium and manganese.
- Protects against diseases like cancer and heart disease. Celery contains compounds that have been found to help reduce inflammation, reduce high blood pressure, and lower LDL cholesterol levels. These compounds all work together to help reduce your risk of developing chronic inflammatory diseases like cancer. (1)
- Healthier skin. Adding a lime in with the celery in this recipe is a great way to significantly boost the vitamin C content. In combination with other flavonoids found in limes, vitamin C has been shown to help rejuvenate and hydrate skin cells. (2)
Is Juicing Better Than Making Smoothies?
You don’t have to look too far to see that there’s a debate within health circles – smoothies vs juicing. Many of my friends have even asked me about which one is better.
Being perfectly honest, neither option is really ‘better’ than the other; they’re just different. Here are a few of the main differences:
- Smoothies typically contain more fiber; this is due to most people discarding leftover pulp during the juicing procedure.
- With that in mind, fiber is another example of something that can be good for you in moderation but harmful in excess; limiting your fiber intake with juicing may be a better option for some.
- Juicing is great for making a variety of refreshing drinks that are not only rich in antioxidants, but also quite easy to incorporate into other types of drink recipes.
(You may also like: Easy Blender Beet Juice for Disease Prevention and Heart Health)
How to Make Homemade Celery Juice in a Blender (So good for you!)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- 1 bunch organic celery, washed and chopped
- ½ lime, peeled
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Place a layered cheesecloth over bowl and slowly pour juice into bowl from blender.
- Pick up the sides of cheesecloth and squeeze out the juice.
- Serve immediately, over ice if desired.