In the summer, it’s no secret that my family and I are all about the cold drinks. Our fridge stays fully stocked because refreshments are a must when the kids are playing outside and the hubby is running around after them. I’ve been making this turmeric iced tea for them and they’ve taken a liking to it through some recipe tweaking. They loved it when I added a bit more raw honey and lime slices, but the base is just ground turmeric, some ginger root and green tea—so easy and simple.
More Turmeric Tea Recipes:
Mindblowing Turmeric Chai Tea Recipe (To Fight Inflammation)
How to Make Anti-Inflammatory Turmeric Detox Tea
Easy 4-Ingredient Turmeric Cinnamon Tea for Your Body and Mind
How to Make Fresh Turmeric Tea Using Fresh Turmeric Root (Easy!)
Metabolism-Boosting Turmeric Green Tea for Weight Loss
Turmeric Powder Ginger Tea Recipe for Maximum Health Benefits
The Best Turmeric Iced Tea (5-Ingredient Recipe)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 minutes
- Total Time: 8 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
1 tsp ground turmeric
1 inch ginger root, washed thoroughly or peeled and sliced
2 tsp loose green tea or 2 bags of green tea
raw honey or pure maple syrup to taste
ice and lime slices
2 cups water
- Add the ground turmeric, ginger and water to a saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer over medium high heat and then remove from the heat.
- Add the green tea and let it sit for 3 minutes.
- Strain out the tea.
- Sweeten with raw honey or pure maple syrup to taste.
- Fill two jars with ice cubes and pour the tea over the ice.
- Garnish with slices of lime and serve.