If you’ve been feeling like you could use a bit of a boost when it comes to your workouts lately, then you must try this delicious pineapple orange pre-workout drink. Not only does it taste amazing, but more importantly, it just flat out works thanks to this all-natural recipe.
How to Make a Pineapple Orange Pre-Workout Drink
- Combine all of your healthy ingredients. Add the coconut water, fresh orange juice, your choice of either fresh or frozen pineapple, and collagen into your blender.
- Blend. Blend the ingredients until smooth.
- Serve. Serve immediately.
What is a Pre-Workout Drink?
Pre-workout drinks are dietary supplements that athletes drink in an effort to improve their performance. They’re made with a blend of ingredients that commonly includes ingredients like caffeine, l-theanine, creatine, l-tyrosine, green tea extract, and more.
Unfortunately, many commercially produced pre-workout drinks are just excessive and are not suitable for people who just want a nice and easy workout.
Ingredients Used in This Pre-Workout Drink and Why They Were Chosen
For this particular pre-workout drink recipe, I wanted to focus on only using ingredients that are all-natural and will in turn provide you with a 100% natural energy boost. Here’s why each ingredient was chosen:
- Coconut water – Helps to replenish electrolytes, which in turn helps your body to stay hydrated during your workouts.
- Orange juice – Rich source of the antioxidant vitamin C, which gives you a one-two punch combo of an energy boost while also boosting your immune system.
- Pineapple – A simple carb source that is easily digestible, pineapple is also rich in bromelain, which acts as an anti-inflammatory and can help you to recover quicker from your workouts. (1)
- Collagen – Studies have found that collagen actually has an anabolic effect on cartilage tissue, helping to promote growth and recovery, both of which are obviously fantastic benefits to have included in a pre-workout drink. We want that recovery! (2)
Homemade Pre-Workout Drinks vs. Commercially Produced Pre-Workout Drinks
There are several reasons why I believe that making your own homemade pre-workout drinks is far better for your health than buying commercially produced products. Here are just a few of them:
- Less caffeine – While there’s nothing wrong with the occasional cup of coffee, there are far too many people who are hooked on drinking energy drinks all day long. When you consume too much caffeine, you can not only end up irritable and jittery, but the inevitable crash will leave you feeling even more drained in the long run.
- Less sugar – Many commercial energy drink brands also contain an excessive amount of sugar. While the sugar works great for providing you with a short-term boost, it also leads to an inevitable crash, much like caffeine.
Fewer calories – Continuing on from the point above about sugar, homemade energy drinks typically contain far fewer calories as well simply because they don’t contain so much sugar, among certain other unhealthy additives that add hidden calories.
(You may also like: Berry Pre-Workout Protein Shake)
Pineapple Orange Pre-Workout Drink for Sustained Energy
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- ½ cup coconut water
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 cup fresh or frozen pineapple
- 1 tbsp collagen
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately.