If you’ve been looking for a refreshing drink to help you cool off, this strawberry pink drink recipe is both delicious and nutritious. It’s also incredibly easy to make! Here’s how to make it.
How to Make The Best Strawberry Pink Drink
- Add the water, orange peel, and half of your strawberries to a saucepan. Wait for it to boil and then start counting your 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat after 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tea bag. Add in your hibiscus tea bag and leave it in the liquid to steep for 2 minutes. No more than 2 minutes or you will over steep the hibiscus tea.
- Strain. Strain the liquid using either a cheesecloth or a fine mesh sieve.
- Add the liquid into a glass with the honey. Stir until completely dissolved.
- Finish it off. Add the remaining strawberries, the honey sparkling water mix, light coconut milk, and a few ice cubes to a glass.
- Serve. Stir and serve.
2 Great Reasons Why This Strawberry Pink Drink is So Good For You
Beyond just being a great tasting and refreshing drink, this strawberry pink drink actually provides you with quite a few great benefits for your health as well. Here are 3 of the best ones:
- Rich source of antioxidants. Hibiscus tea, strawberries, and honey are all rich sources of disease fighting antioxidants. Hibiscus in particular is an especially potent source of antioxidants, with one study finding that hibiscus extract was particularly effective at reducing damage caused by free radicals. (1)
- Packed full of micronutrients. Along with their antioxidant content, strawberries are also an excellent source of several essential vitamins, minerals, and other essential micronutrients.
How Often Can I Have This Strawberry Pink Drink?
You can make this strawberry pink drink every day to enjoy if you want to. The only thing I would recommend is limit yourself to just one of these drinks on a daily basis.
The reason being is that while hibiscus can provide you with some great benefits thanks to its rich antioxidant content, it can also be harmful if consumed in excess. It can actually cause a drop in blood pressure, nausea, and headaches in some individuals who take too much, so it’s best to just play it safe and stick to one glass per day.
(You may also like: Aloe Vera Cucumber Digestive Drink with Ginger and Mint)
Refreshing (And Healthy) Strawberry Pink Drink
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- ½ cup water
- 1 hibiscus tea bag
- 2–3 strips of orange peel
- 1 tbsp honey
- 8 ripe strawberries, thinly sliced
- ½ cup light coconut milk
- a few ice ice cubes
- Add the water, orange peel and half of strawberries to a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat.
- Add the hibiscus tea bag and steep for 2 minutes.
- Strain the liquid.
- Add the liquid and honey to a glass and stir until completely dissolved.
- Add the remaining strawberries, sparkling water, coconut milk and ice cubes to a glass.
- Stir and serve.
- If necessary, add more honey.