Are you celebrating a special occasion? Surprise your guests with this delicious Instant Pot Italian wedding soup. The recipe includes organic ingredients that boost metabolic function, helping your body stay warm and healthy this winter season. This protein-packed recipe contains grass-fed beef and fresh vegetables loaded with polyphenol antioxidants to improve the health of your immune system and boost your energy levels.
This soup heals your gut and provides your skeletal system with a dose of collagen found in the nutritional goodness of bone broth. Collagen is an essential peptide for building strong bones and teeth while improving the health of your GI tract. Reduce inflammation, boost metabolism, and tantalize your taste buds with this delicious recipe.
How to Make Metabolism Boosting Italian Wedding Soup
Over 70-percent of our immune system resides in our gastrointestinal system. The pace of a modern lifestyle and consuming convenience foods leads to GI tract inflammation that reduces the health and efficiency of your immune system and may lower metabolic function. (1)
Get your gut back on track and boost your metabolic rate with a serving of this delicious and nutritious Instant Pot Italian wedding soup. This recipe is perfect for dinner parties. Serve it to your guests for a hearty meal that’s perfect for cold winter days.
Every great recipe starts with sourcing the finest local ingredients available. Visit your butcher for organic, grass-fed beef that’s rich in protein and Omega-3 fatty acids. Avoid factory farmed meat that may be laden with antibiotics and hormones that negatively affect metabolic function. Remember to use free-range eggs since they provide a creamy consistency to the meatballs. (2)
Take a large mixing bowl and add a pound of ground beef, eggs, breadcrumbs, and grated parmesan cheese. Season the mixture with black pepper and work the ingredients together. Scoop out the mixture using a tablespoon and form it into meatballs using your hands.
Start your preparation for the soup by switching on your instant Pot and setting it to the sauté function. Add a splash of extra-virgin olive oil to the pot and throw in your chopped onions. Sauté the onions for 2 to 3 minutes until golden brown and then add the carrots, celery, and bone broth along with 2 cups of water.
Bring the soup to a boil and add the meatballs. Switch the Instant Pot to pressure cook mode and seal. Cook the soup for 5 minutes and then switch the Instant Pot to sauté mode again while you add the pasta. Bring the soup to a boil and add the Swiss chard, cooking the soup until the chard is slightly wilted. Pull your dish off of the heat and serve to your guests warm.
(You may also like: Metabolism Boosting Beef Bone Broth Chili)
Metabolism Boosting Instant Pot Italian Wedding Soup
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 6 cups homemade bone broth or stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 pound ground lean beef
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- ½ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 5 ounces Swiss chard, steamed and chopped
- ¾ cup small pasta, like orzo or spaghetti or spaghettini broken into ½-inch pieces
- To make the meatballs, in a bowl place the ground beef, bread crumbs, eggs, grated Parmesan, salt and black pepper.
- Mix to combine.
- Form the meatballs into 1 tablespoon sized balls.
- Place the meatballs on a cutting board and set aside.
- To make the soup, press the SAUTE button on the Instant pot and let stand until screen reads “HOT”.
- Add the olive oil.
- Add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the celery, carrots, bone broth and water and bring the soup to a boil.
- Add the meatballs.
- Close and seal the Instant pot.
- Turn the venting knob to SEALING and press PRESSURE COOK button.
- Adjust the timer to 5 minutes.
- When finished cooking, quick-release pressure according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Press the SAUTE button on the Instant Pot.
- Bring the soup to a boil.
- Add the pasta and cook according to package directions.
- Add the swish chard and cook until just wilted.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Serve warm.