Whenever I’m feeling like I could use a boost, I turn to this healthy homemade fruit punch energy drink recipe. Here’s how I make it.
How to Make a Homemade Fruit Punch Energy Drink
- Dissolve the salt. First thing you have to do is dissolve the pink Himalayan salt in some cold water along with some raw honey.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Add the coconut water, orange juice, and lime juice into the pitcher and stir to combine.
- Refrigerate. Refrigerate the fruit punch until ready to serve.
What Makes a Healthy Energy Drink?
Energy drinks are typically caffeinated (or high sugar) drinks that are commercially sold and marketed towards providing you with several hours worth of energy.
The unfortunate truth is many of these commercial energy drink brands are not really good for you thanks to their excessive caffeine and sugar contents.
With that being said, it’s possible to make your own homemade energy drinks that actually work while also being really good for you. This recipe is a great example of that! There’s a reason why it’s my staple energy drink.
3 Reasons Why This Homemade Energy Drink is Healthier than Commercial Counterparts
Here are 3 of the top reasons why this homemade energy drink is way better for your health compared to store bought brands:
- Caffeine-free. While there’s nothing wrong with the occasional cup of coffee or caffeine in general in moderation, there’s still definitely something to be said for enjoying an all-natural energy boost provided by real fruit and whole food ingredients.
- Natural sugar content. This energy drink may not be 100% sugar-free but the good news is that it’s all-natural forms of sugar. There’s nothing refined here! Raw honey may contain sugar but it also contains an abundance of antioxidant compounds while fresh orange juice is rich in vitamin C to go along with its fructose content.
- Lower calories. The high sugar content in many commercial energy drink brands also brings with it an increased calorie count. By making your energy drinks with healthy ingredients like the ones used in this recipe, you’ll be able to give yourself a boost of energy while also keeping the calorie count to a minimum.
Can I Drink Energy Drinks Everyday?
I wouldn’t recommend drinking commercial brand energy drinks on a daily basis. As a matter of fact, I wouldn’t recommend drinking them period.
However, when it comes to healthy homemade energy drinks like this fruit punch, you can absolutely enjoy it each and every day. That’s right!
I actually like to whip up a big batch all at once and keep it in the fridge (you can safely keep it in there for 3-4 days) to save on time.
(You may also like: Energy-Boosting Protein Shake for Women)
Healthy Homemade Fruit Punch Energy Drink
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 2 cups coconut water
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- ¼ tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- In a large pitcher, add the water, honey and salt and stir until completely dissolved.
- Add the coconut water, orange juice and lime juice and stir to combine.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.