Beet juice provides you with so many great benefits when it comes to your heart health and disease prevention. It’s also so easy to make your own from scratch! Check out my recipe below.
How to Make Beet Juice in a Blender
- Peel and chop your ingredients. This is the ‘hardest’ part of the recipe, believe it or not. Simply peel and chop your beet and apples. Peel the lemon as well.
- Blend. Add the apples, beet, lemon, fresh ginger root, and water into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Strain out the fibers and chunks. Place a layered cheesecloth over top of a bowl and slowly pour the juice from the blender into the bowl. Pick up the sides of the cheesecloth afterwards and squeeze out any remaining juice.
- Serve. Serve immediately, over ice if desired.
2 Ways Beet Juice Helps with Disease Prevention and Heart Health
Beet juice has many proven benefits for your health. Here are just a couple of great ways that beet juice helps with both disease prevention and heart health.
- Rich source of antioxidants – Beets contain two compounds called betanin and vulgaxanthin, which provide your cells with an abundance of antioxidants that help to fight off the damage caused by harmful free radicals. (1)
- Nitrates for heart health – Beets are also rich in nitrates, which help to improve blood flow and reduce high blood pressure, which in turn lowers your risk of heart attack and stroke. (2)
3 Types of Beets You Can Use for Beet Juice
A lot of my friends have asked me if it’s okay if they use a different type of beet besides the classic red beet when making beet juice.
The good news is that you definitely can! With that being said, not all beets are created equally, so here are a few recommendations for beets to use for making beet juice:
- Red beets – The most familiar variety of beet, red (or purple) beets are my usual go to for making beet juice.
- Golden beets – Another great beet for making juice, golden (or yellow) beets have a milder flavor, making them ideal for people who find the ‘earthier’ taste of red beets to be too potent.
- Chioggia beets – It’s not often that I find Chioggia beets at the local supermarket but I always pick them up when I do see them; their candy cane appearance is rather unique and they work perfectly for making beet juice.
Can I Drink Beet Juice on an Empty Stomach?
Not only can you drink this beet juice on an empty stomach, but I would actually recommend doing so.
I usually make this juice first thing in the morning and drink it on an empty stomach myself. Starting your day like this is a great way to get an all-natural energy boost, get your digestive system moving, and provide your body with an abundance of essential nutrients, all in one convenient package–a total win in my book!
(You may also like: Easy Blender Carrot Juice for Brain Health and Youthful Skin)
Easy Blender Beet Juice for Disease Prevention and Heart Health
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- 2 large apples, chopped
- 1 large beet, peeled and chopped
- ¼ lemon, peeled
- ½ inch fresh ginger root
- ½ cup water
- ice cubes, optional
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Place a layered cheesecloth over bowl and slowly pour juice into bowl from blender.
- Pick up the sides of cheesecloth and squeeze out the juice.
- Serve immediately, over ice if desired.