How to Make Turmeric Tomato Soup for Detox and Cleansing
- Author: Evelyn - HealthySubstitute.com
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes with basil
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 2 cups homemade bone broth or stock
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- salt, black pepper to taste
- hemp seeds and pumpkin seeds, to garnish
- In a pot heat the coconut oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and carrot and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the chopped tomato and cook until softened.
- Add the diced tomatoes, turmeric, dried basil, apple cider vinegar and bone broth.
- Bring the soup to a low boil.
- Cover with a lid and cook for 5-10 minutes or unit carrot is fork tender.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Serve garnished with hemp seeds and pumpkin seeds.