Nourishing Superfood Tortellini Soup (Packed with Energy)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups homemade bone broth or stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (9 ounce) package fresh tortellini
- 10 ounces Swish chard or fresh spinach, chopped
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- salt and black pepper
- In a pot, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the bone broth, water and tomatoes.
- Cover with a lid and bring to a boil.
- Add the tortellini and cook according to package directions.
- When tortellini are almost done, add the swish chard and cook until just wilted.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Divide the soup between serving bowls.
- Top with grated Parmesan and serve.