Easy Tomato Paste Substitute (Without Tomatoes!)
- Author: Evelyn
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 1.5 cups 1x
- 1 small beet, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup water
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the carrots and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the beet, balsamic vinegar, apple cider vinegar and water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool completely.
- Transfer to a food processor and process until smooth.
- Store in the fridge for up to 1 month.