Creamy Pumpkin Soup to Support Heart Health
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 ½ tsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 (1 ½ pound) pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 4 cups homemade bone broth or stock
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1–2 tbsp yogurt, to serve (optional)
- salt, black pepper to taste
- In a pot heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook for 3-5 minutes or until softened and translucent.
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the sweet potato and pumpkin and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the bone broth, water and cumin and bring the soup to a low boil.
- Cover with a lid and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the vegetables are fork tender.
- Using an immersion blender or food processor or blender, puree the soup until smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Serve, garnished with yogurt, cilantro and red pepper flakes.