Detoxifying Ginger and Carrot Soup
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 lb carrots, peeled and cut into slices
- 4 cups homemade bone broth or stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp freshly grated orange zest
- chopped fresh chives for garnish
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- In a pot heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook for 3-5 minutes or until softened and translucent.
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the carrots and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the bone broth, water and bring the soup to a low boil.
- Cover with a lid and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the carrots are fork tender.
- Add the orange zest.
- Using an immersion blender or food processor or blender, puree the soup until smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Serve, garnished with fresh chives.