Plant-Based Vegetarian Fish Sauce Substitute (So good!)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 1 cup 1x
- 1 ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup dulse
- ¼ cup dried shiitake mushrooms
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 ¼ tsp miso paste
- 2 tbsp tamari
- Add the water, dulse, salt and shiitake mushrooms to a heavy bottomed saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Cover with a lid.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Strain the liquid through a fine mesh into a bowl.
- Press the dulse and shiitake mushrooms to squeeze out liquid.
- Add the miso paste and tamari to the bowl and mix to combine.
- Store in the fridge for up to 1 month.
- Shake before use.